The Senior Manager, Sponsorship Marketing & Celebrity Engagement will report to the Director, Cause Marketing and will be part of the Cause Marketing team in the Marketing and Communications Department. This role will manage and grow existing properties including City of Hope’s Celebrity Softball Game. The Senior Manager will drive all aspects of execution from organization, sponsor communication and solicitation of new sponsorships, budget oversight and event management and work collaboratively across the marketing and communications teams to layer in event services, digital, social media, and other marketing and communications programs and platforms that will strengthen the sponsorship programs and drive broader engagement. The Senior Manager will identify and present new sponsorship and partnership opportunities based on City of Hope strategic objectives. Partnering with the Philanthropy team, deepen organizational relationships with Industry group partners and present additional ways to leverage support. Sponsorships and events are expected to contribute to established revenue goals. An important aspect of this role is celebrity relationship cultivation and management including establishing, activating and maintaining personal contact and leveraging those relationships to further the mission of City of Hope.
Sponsorship and Cause Marketing (80%)
• Key relationship lead for all ongoing events and sponsorship programs managed within the Marketing and Communications department.
• Cultivate and grow the impact of existing events to further grow awareness of and funding for City of Hope.
• Oversee cross-functional integration of marketing and communications teams to affect success, including P&L responsibility.
• Manage and maximize existing cause marketing partnerships.
• Develop new events and sponsorship offerings, including creation of accompanying marketing materials and resources.
• Partner with Philanthropy and Industry groups to leverage support for programs.
• Project management for key events with integrated team.
• Review and analyze programs regularly to ensure goals and objectives are met.
Celebrity Engagement (20%)
• Maintain, lead and grow relationships with celebrity advocates.
• Lead innovative thinking on best ways to optimize celebrity participation in City of Hope mission.
8-10+ years in business development and marketing with focused experience in sponsorship development, and event and cause marketing is required. Preferred experience includes sponsorship or event marketing at a top-tier corporation or non-profit, and managing and involving celebrities in meaningful ways to support the mission. Ideal candidates will be collaborative, results-oriented self-starters, and have strong team and interpersonal skills.
Last Modified on: