JOB TITLE: Marketing Director
DATE: November 2016
DIVISION NAME: Strategic Marketing and Branded Entertainment
LOCATION: Hollywood, CA
REPORTS TO (Title): Sr. Vice President, Marketing & Branded Entertainment
START DATE: Immediately
Notes: Permanent Position
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Marketing Director will oversee specific clients within the business unit with particular emphasis on pitching promotional programs to promotional partners on behalf of clients such as studios and brands. In addition, this position will oversee their own specific support staff and their work on clients’ accounts including the database, pitch lists and presentation materials in an effort to keep an ongoing and open communication with existing clients. The Director will work with Sr. Vice President, Marketing & Branded Entertainment in securing and managing partnerships, and executing third party promotional programs including, but not limited to, acquisition and dissemination of assets needed to develop successful programs. Integral part of approval process. Lastly, the Promotions Director will work closely with the Sr. Vice President to secure New Business for the Division including pitching, strategy and presentation creation.
- Establish new, as well as maintain existing relationships with massive list of potential partners and clients via phone, mailings, meetings and email blasts.
Act as day-to-day contact for new and existing clients during program pitch and execution.
- Works with team to help develop pitch materials (creative presentations, concept boards, premiums, etc.) for assigned projects.
- Develop initial legal brief (Schedule One) outlining key promotional program elements for partners in order to facilitate development of contract. Research potential partners and participate in team brainstorms to identify suitable brands for potential programs.
- Acquire and disseminate approved assets to potential and existing partners for use in execution of program; Route creative through internal departments.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Marketing, Communications or Business.
- Minimum 5+ years promotions work experience including but not limited to video game and/or entertainment marketing, partner tie-in barter programs, consumer promotions and retail marketing.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, highly charged environment. Must be very organized and pay special attention to detail.
- Is a creative thinker who has a history of creating low cost, high impact promotional programs.
- Possess the creativity to balance strategic plans with tactical realities; sometimes on a limited budget.
Has a large network of partner relationships in a variety of consumer brand categories.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the expertise and professionalism that will earn respect and trust with internal team members and external brands.
- Is strong in presenting information effectively and professionally when pitching product promotions or responding to questions from executives and partners.
Previous Promotions and Entertainment experience required.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
The ideal candidate has significant experience in the areas of relationship marketing, project coordination and creative concepting.
This candidate must be an excellent communicator and team player with strong people skills and corporate savvy. A good creative sensibility coupled with strong business acumen is also a requirement.
The final candidate should also possess most, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- A network of contacts within the entertainment, creative and consumer packaged goods community.
- A thorough understanding of the business implications surrounding the area of entertainment, licensing and brand marketing.
- Flexibility and energy to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, coupled with the ability to navigate effectively within a corporate culture.
- A strong work ethic, a can-do attitude, and a high level of professionalism in all aspects of conduct.
- Strong research and organizational skills
Last Modified on: